Monday, April 30, 2012

Trader Joe's for the Win!

If it isn't already obvious, I love Trader Joe's. I like it for a few reasons: (1) it was my very first job in high school, (2) it's not huge so I don't feel overwhelmed like I do in the big chains, and (3) most of their food is great, and I can make cheap, easy, delicious meals. This is one of those meals. All Trader Joe ingredients and so easy! If you are running short on time, this cooks up fast and easy. I call it Italian Fried Rice!

Ingredients:
* Olive oil
* 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (get the jar!)
* 2 sausages (I like the garlic & herb or basil ones)
* 1 package of TJ's already cooked brown rice (in the frozen section)
* 1/2 - 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
* 1/2 jar of TJ's brushcetta 
* 1 tbsp capers
* A splash of dry red wine (optional)
* Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish

Directions:
~ I like my sausage already grilled up, so I split the sausages in half and grill them on my George Foreman for about 10 minutes. Cut into small slices.
~ Heat olive oil and garlic in a saute pan on high for 1-2 minutes. Add sausages, spinach, and rice (straight from freezer). Once spinach and rice has been cooked, about 5 minutes. Add brushcetta, capers, and wine. Stir until warm.
~ Remove and garnish with Parmesan cheese.


My husband and I eat this as a meal. If you wanted it as a side dish, I would recommend removing the sausage and serving the rice with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment