Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thanks Pinterest!

Before getting married, I never cooked. I was afraid I couldn't cook. I now love cooking/baking and always love trying knew recipes. And now that I have found Pinterest, I have more delicious recipes to try. Last night I made a spinach/artichoke bake. The original recipe sounded so delicious, but I tweaked it a bit.

Spinach/Artichoke Bake


Prep time: 35-45 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Servings: about 8

Ingredients:
* 14 oz Orecchiette pasta
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
*1 cup light sour cream
* 4 oz light cream cheese, room temperature
* Olive oil
* 1 cup Parmesan cheese
* 2 tsp lemon juice
* 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
* 14 oz can artichoke hearts, rinsed and chopped
* 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes
* 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
* Grated Parmesan cheese
* Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning (or 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp pepper)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Keep 1/4 cup of the liquid before draining pasta.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in pan and saute onion for 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
4. In a large bowl, mix sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese,lemon juice, onions, and garlic. Add the pasta and mix well.
5. Stir in spinach, artichoke, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup cooking liquid, 1 cup Mozzarella, and a generous amount of TJ Everyday Seasoning.
6. Place mixture into greased 3 Qt. casserole dish. Spread evenly. Sprinkle the remainder of the Mozzarella, some grated Parmesan cheese, and a little more seasoning.


7. Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.


Enjoy with a glass of white wine!

Note: The original recipe called for regular sour cream, cream cheese, and cheese. I used all low-fat products including cheese. I also used a little more cheese. Also you could easily add chicken or even bacon bits! Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment