Monday, April 9, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

I love anything that involves peanut butter. Last year, I had a peanut butter and jelly cupcake from my favorite bakery and have wanted another one ever since. Unfortunately it is a special flavor that is only out once a month. I have a recipe for peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, but I came across this recipe for cookies. I've made these cookies twice in the last month. They are so soft and delicious and a definite crowd pleaser. Takes you back to childhood days of pb & j's.

Yields: 3 dozen

Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 cup crisco
* 1 cup JIF creamy peanut butter
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 3 tbsp milk (I used fat free)
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 1 egg
* Your favorite jelly (I used strawberry)

Directions:
~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside
~ In mixing bowl, beat crisco, peanut butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla until well mixed. Beat in egg.
~ Put tablespoon size dough balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Create a small divot in each with your thumb. Use no more than a teaspoon of jelly to fill the divot.


~ Bake 5 - 7 minutes (my oven runs hot) or until the edges are just browning. Let cool 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment