Saturday, May 26, 2012

SoCal to NorCal

I have lived in the same city my whole life. I love living by the beach and have always been a stone's throw away from the ocean. But that is about to change. My husband got an amazing job opportunity up in the Bay Area, and we are moving away from the only place we've ever lived. Right now I am full of mixed emotions, and until we find an area and place to live, I'm afraid my enthusiasm is not quite where it should be.

There are many things I am looking forward to, as well as many things I will miss when I'm gone. Let's start with the positives.

Things I am looking forward to:
~ Living and exploring a new area.
~ Meeting new people.
~ Drew enjoying his work.
~ Being that much closer to San Francisco, Tahoe, Yosemite, the Redwoods, wine country, etc.
~ Finding a new job in a different field.
~ Buying a home.
~ Possibly traveling to Germany for Drew's work.

Things I am going to miss:
~ Being close to family and friends.
~ My job with the school district.
~ That nice ocean breeze.
~ Being walking distance to Trader Joe's.
~ My daily run through the wetlands.
~ Volunteering with the goldens (though I'm sure I can find an equivalent up north).

Though I really will miss being so close to family on both sides, I am looking forward to this new stage of life. Soon we will drive up and hopefully find a place we would love to live. Once that happens, the reality of moving I'm sure will hit. Until then though, it all seems so surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment