Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I'm still baking! I'm just behind in posting!

Ever since I found out we were moving, this blog went on the wayside. I have still been baking, but I haven't done as much cooking. Between finding a place to live, finishing up work, and my husband being on business trips, I haven't done as much as I was doing before.

This is how far I am behind: I made these Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles for Cinco de Mayo! They were a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy. Yes you read right, spicy. The little cayenne pepper offers a nice little kick at the end. They were perfect and festive for the party!

Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles


Ingredients:
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 2 tsp cream of tartar
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 cup crisco
* 2 eggs
* 2 tsp vanilla
Separate bowl:
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
~ Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or leave ungreased.
~ In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne. Mix well and set aside.
~ Cream together crisco, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
~ Slowly stir in flour mixture and mix well.
~ In a small, shallow bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together. Make 1 inch balls and roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place on the cookie sheet.


~ Bake 5-7 minutes or until just done. (Slightly under cooked is better than overcooked.) Let cool for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment