Friday, May 11, 2012

Knock-off Chipotle Vegetarian Bowl

Ever since Chipotle hit the scene, I've been a fan. Their burritos are so tasty. Since I can't be going to Chipotle all the time, I decided to make a Trader Joe version of my favorite item, the vegetarian burrito. It's super easy and you can get 3 bowls/burritos out of it. It doesn't look like much, but it sure hits the spot! You will not be disappointed by this dish.


Homemade Chipotle Vegetarian Bowl


Ingredients:
* 1 bag of Trader Joe's frozen fire-roasted peppers and onions
* 1 15 oz can black beans
* 1 bag of Trader Joe's already cooked brown rice
* 2 cubes of frozen cilantro
* Lime juice
* Garlic powder
* Olive oil
* Tortillas (if desired)

Garnish:
* Mexican lite shredded cheese blend
* Guacamole
* Corn-chili salsa
* Pico de gallo
* Your favorite Chipotle topping

Directions:
~ In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil. Add peppers and onions and saute for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
~ In one small pot, cook beans. Do not drain! Sprinkle with a generous amount of garlic powder. Slowly cook, stirring occasionally.
~ In another small pot, add cilantro cubes, rice, and a splash of lime juice. Slowly heat, stirring occasionally.
~ Once everything is done, leave out with toppings and have people add what they would like!

Note: Obviously you can easily add meat or any other toppings you would desire. Just like with Chipotle burritos, I feel like I can never finish them if I add meat. Plus Chipotle charges you $1.50 for guacamole unless you get in vegetarian. I'd rather have guacamole over meat any day! Win/win for me! Also while you are at Trader Joe's, pick up a six pack of Trader Jose Lite beer! It's only $4.49 and I think it's better than Corona!

No comments:

Post a Comment