Tuesday, April 3, 2012

White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies


For a baby shower, I decided to make these decadent sounding cookies. And they definitely live up to how good they sound! The taste tester (aka my husband) shoveled a few into his mouth after one bite. The original recipe were actually raspberry (and wouldn't those be just as wonderful!), but my local supermarket only had blueberry, and I didn't want to drive all around town, so I went with that. Note, these would be excellent with a delicious cup of tea.

Yields: 3 dozen

Ingredients:
* 2 (7 oz) boxes of Jiffy blueberry muffin mix
* 4 oz light cream cheese, room temp
* 1/2 cup crisco
* 2 tbsp butter, room temp (I used unsalted)
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
~ In a bowl (I always use my KitchenAid mixer), beat together cream cheese, crisco, butter, and brown sugar. Beat until mixed well. (Note there may be small chunks of cream cheese. That's fine.) Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
~ Remove bowl and add both boxes of muffin mix. Using a cooking spatula, mix well until all the dry mix is incorporated into the wet mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets and place about a tbsp size ball of dough 2 inches apart. (I use a cookie scooper. So much easier!) Bake 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Let set 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.



Enjoy with a hot cup of tea!


Baker's note: I tend to use more crisco than butter because I think they come out better. I also use ReddiEgg or Nulaid. I think it's way user than using actually eggs. Plus ReddiEgg is fat free and there's no chance of egg shells getting in the dough! The original called for 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, but I used only 1 because I think white chocolate can be overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment