Tuesday, April 17, 2012

For the Spicy Italian!

Whenever I decide I want to make something or plan meals for the week, I try to use things I already have. I hate throwing out food because it sat in my fridge too long. I also try to pick recipes that call for some of the same ingredients. With my leftover Alfredo sauce from the pizza and the peas and sausages I already had, this recipe seemed perfect. It was tasty and had a kick to it!

Spicy Rigatoni with Sausage

Serves: 4

Ingredients:
* Olive oil
* 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
* 1 tsp chili poder

* TJs Everyday Seasoning
* 1 tbsp chopped garlic
* 3 spicy sausages, sliced
* 3/4 cup marinara sauce
* 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
* 2 tsp butter (optional; I opted not to add the butter)
* 1/4 cup peas
* 16 oz rigatoni pasta

Garnish:
* 1 tsp crushed red pepper
* Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
~ Cook pasta according to package. Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat oil and add crushed red pepper, seasoning, and garlic. Saute just long enough for garlic to caramelize. Add sausage, coating each slice in the garlic and spices.

~ Add marinara and Alfredo sauce and bring to a simmer. Add peas (and butter if desired) and mix well.
~ Add rinsed, cooked pasta and mix well coating all the noodles. Garnish with more crushed red peppers and Parmesan cheese.

Note:
If you like super spicy, add more chili powder and crushed red peppers. Mine had a kick, but it was mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment